Monday 3 May 2010

May Day continental market

The continental market was back in town this weekend for the May Day holiday. It comes a few times a year and is always a happy event in my calendar - mainly because there are loads of food stalls from all over Europe. On the day I usually don't eat and then go and pig out on the various offerings. I usually then come home with tubs of olives, anchovies and several types of cheese.

Stalls along our main shopping street, Fargate:

The plant stall and some sunshine!:

Love the colours on the pick & mix stall:


Today's pick - Potatoes Provencal & garlic mushrooms (they were yummers):

And here's a pic of our beautiful Town Hall:

Ah continental market day, until next time...

Off to have a nap now. x

1 comment:

  1. Hello Yvonne!

    Yummy!! Shame I missed out on that, I like the continental market!
    Must try and get down to see you soon, cant believe I still haven't had chance, saying that I don't get into Sheffield as often as I used to being out in the country, but I will make the effort! Like the new name of the blog by the way, putting you on my blog roll so I can catch up with you again.

    Much love
    Julia x x x

    ReplyDelete