Friday 28 May 2010

Chowder bum

Sorry I've been a bit quiet this week. I've been spending a lot of time with Chowder, our little Netherland Dwarf house bunny. It occurs to me that I've not introduced you to Chowder on here. She's also known as Chowdie, Chowder bum or just bum bum. She has a big bottom, with a cute white fluffy tail.

Anyway, she went in to get spayed on Tuesday and she was in a bad state up until Wednesday afternoon. She also had the added trauma of being wee'd on by a tomcat at the vets after her operation so they had to give her a bath. When she got home she just sat under the table and refused to eat and every time I stroked her she would shiver, which was probably down to her being wet and cold from the bath. She also stinks now.

She still wasn't eating on Wednesday morning and if a rabbit doesn't eat for 24 hours it can become life threatening so I was getting really upset and felt so guilty for putting her through it all. Thankfully she did eventually start eating some paper and by that night she was back on carrots and pellets.

So I've been the doting "mum" this week and spending lots of time with her and feeding her her favourite foods. She's much happier now and is hopping around and licking our faces again :o)

Here she is digging into the Sky remote, one of her favourite snacks:Falling asleep on Nick:
Sniffing around my feet:
Asleep on her bean bag in the sun:
OK that's enough bunny pictures me thinks.

Off to count some beads now. x

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!! How cute is your bunny??!!
    I absolutely LOVE the last photograph!! Glad she's on the mend now.

    Love Julia x

    ReplyDelete